VP Engineering and Manufacturing
Department: Engineering and Manufacturing
Location: Rehovot, Israel
Aleph Farms, a pioneer in the field of cultivated meat, is expanding and looking for VP Engineering and Manufacturing for full-time position at the company’s Rehovot site.
· Biomedical/Mechanical/Biotechnology degree with demonstrated experience in manufacturing of biological products in large-scale bioreactors.
· MBA – highly preferred.
· At least 6-8 years of experience in leading engineering and large-scale production operations.
· Prior experience in dealing with corporate partners and in negotiating and completing agreements – highly preferred.
· Understanding the processes of due diligence, alliance integration and portfolio management combined with scientific and business knowledge is also desirable.
· Ability to travel abroad.
· Professional working proficiency in English. Another language – a significant advantage.
· Responsible for production planning, work processes and safety of the production line.
· Responsible for designing and scaling-up production processes from laboratory scale through pilot plants and large-scale BioFarms.
· Lead manufacturing development activities, technology transfer and bioprocess scale.
· Assimilate innovation processes including automated production processes.
· Establish production infrastructure and supply chain in Israel and in locations abroad.
· Manage and lead a strategic plan to strengthen the Engineering and Manufacturing department.
· Translate strategy into annual operating planning and actionable goals.
· Create strategic partnerships and relationships with vendors, investors and different professional business relationships.
· Manage an on-going contact with strategic partners abroad to establish production-line foundations as part of their local manufacturing operations.
· Lead and manage team to achieve goals and while meeting budget requirements.
· Responsible for safety training according to standards.
· Provide accurate and timely reports, outlining the operational status of the company.